JOIN US HIPICO SANTA FE SCHOOLING SESSIONS!
Enjoy schooling on the grass field and/or all-weather footing arenas on a schedule that meets your needs. Schooling opportunities are available to individuals, small groups, (up to 6 horses at a time in an arena) ; as well as to trainers wishing to bring clients for a unique schooling experience.
Grass Field: $60/60 minutes base fee $30/each additional 30 min
All-weather Footing Arena: $60/60 minutes base fee $30/each additional 30 min
Facility Fee: $20 per horse/day
Sign up using the online form below for the date(s) and times you are interested in reserving and we will respond within 2 business days to review and confirm your request.
Grass footing is considered by many to be the best footing for horse sport. As it is natural, grass conditions vary depending on moisture, grass length, time of year, usage and other natural conditions. Listed below are a few tips for safe riding on the grass to help you have the best possible experience.
- Consult with your farrier to ensure proper shoeing for riding and jumping on grass.
- We suggest that you inspect the grass on the day of your ride to determine the condition.
- Ride conservatively for your first round on grass, to become accustomed to these different conditions.
- Slow down your turns: Your horse needs to be balanced when executing quick turns,accelerating and decelerating on grass footing.
There are many weather and natural situations that impact the condition of the grass. The staff at HIPICO will do everything we can to ensure the best possible conditions, but be aware that there are many factors outside of our control. With proper preparation, knowledge and equipment, riders can enjoy our grass footing safely.
HIPICO Santa Fe Training Schedule
- Each arena (with designated warm-up) may be rented for use at a set time on a given day. Requests for time slots will be accepted using the online form below.
- Arena rentals begin at $60 for 60-minutes, with the option to reserve additional 30-minute increments at $30/half-hour, up to a full day (8 hours).
- In addition to the arena rental fee, each horse utilizing the arena during a reserved training slot will be charged a trailer-in fee. Stalls and paddocks are available upon request. See below for pricing.
- Each group or individual training reservation will be assigned a designated parking area for tacking, etc. Only those individuals participating in the arena training may be on site. If a group exceeding 5 people rents an arena, the group must stagger their arrival times so that only 5 individuals are present in the arena/warm up or designated parking area at a time.
- Riders may arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to the start of their scheduled schooling time and must depart the facility within 30 minutes after their session ends.
- Individuals/groups are expected to remain in their designated parking/tacking area when not in the arena.
- All reservations will be invoiced in advance. A credit card is required to hold the reservations.
- Online contactless payment is encouraged and full payment must be made prior to the start of arena rental period. Horses will not be permitted inside the arena without full payment.
- Cancellations/change requests must be received in writing at Sarah@hipicosantafe.com no less than 24 hours prior to arena rental start time. Full or partial cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time will be charged the invoiced fee(s).
- Each horse must submit a negative Coggins Test (EIA certificate) dated within one year. The negative EIA certificate can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each participant must submit a signed Participant waiver. Signed waivers can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Reserved arena course will be set at the starting height requested in advance by the participant. If no height is requested in advance, jump height will remain at the last height used.
- Participants may adjust jump heights during their arena session. Jump standards may not be moved.
|Grass Field||$60/60 minutes base fee||$30/each additional 30 min.|
|All-weather footing Arena||$60/60 minutes base fee||$30/each additional 30 min.|
|Facility Fee||$20 per horse/day|
|Stall Fee (Note: horses purchasing a stall will not be charged a trailer-in fee)||$45 first night, includes 2 bags shavings||$25/additional night(s)|
|Paddock Fee||$10/paddock/day||1 horse/paddock at any time|
|Additional Wood Shavings||$11/bag|