Learning & Practice SeriesHIPICO2020-10-22T14:08:56-06:00
LEARNING & PRACTICE SERIES
An inclusive program for riders of all disciplines to strengthen their relationship with their equine partner, grow as athletes and gain practical mileage to build their success in and outside of the show arena.
JOIN US FOR A VERY SPOOKTACULAR SCHOOLING SESSION!
Enjoy schooling on the all-weather footing arenas on a schedule that meets your needs. Schooling opportunities are available to individuals, small groups (up to 5 at a time in an arena; see below for guidelines or you can view and download them HERE) as well as to trainers wishing to bring clients for a unique schooling experience.
Each arena will have a designated warm up area with warm up jumps.
Grass Arena: $60/60 minutes base fee $30/each additional 30 min
All-weather Footing Arena: $60/60 minutes base fee $30/each additional 30 min
Trailer-in Fee: $20 per horse/day
Sign up using the online form below for the date(s) and times you are interested in reserving and we will respond within 2 business days to review and confirm your request.
HIPICO Santa Fe Training Schedule
Arena rental terms and COVID-19 Safe Practice protocol for training days:
Arena rental possibilities:
Each arena (with designated warm-up) may be rented for use at a set time on a given day. Requests for time slots will be accepted using the online form below.
Arena rentals begin at $60 for 60-minutes, with the option to reserve additional 30-minute increments at $30/half-hour, up to a full day (8 hours).
In addition to the arena rental fee, each horse utilizing the arena during a reserved training slot will be charged a trailer-in fee. Stalls and paddocks are available upon request. See below for pricing.
No more than 5 humans, mounted or unmounted, may be present inside the reserved warm up and/or arena at any time.
Minor participants may be accompanied by a parent/guardian who may observe from a designated area outside the arena.
Each group or individual training reservation will be assigned a designated parking area for tacking, etc. Only those individuals participating in the arena training may be on site. If a group exceeding 5 people rents an arena, the group must stagger their arrival times so that only 5 individuals are present in the arena/warm up or designated parking area at a time.
Riders may arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to the start of their scheduled schooling time and must depart the facility within 30 minutes after their session ends.
Individuals/groups are expected to remain in their designated parking/tacking area when not in the arena.
Grass footing is considered by many to be the best footing for horse sport. As it is natural, grass conditions vary depending on moisture, grass length, time of year, usage and other natural conditions. Listed below are a few tips for safe riding on the grass to help you have the best possible experience.
• Consult with your farrier to ensure proper shoeing for riding and jumping on grass.
• We suggest that you inspect the grass on the day of your ride to determine the condition.
• Ride conservatively for your first round on grass, to become accustomed to these different conditions.
• Slow down your turns: Your horse needs to be balanced when executing quick turns,accelerating and decelerating on grass footing.
There are many weather and natural situations that impact the condition of the grass. The staff at HIPICO will do everything we can to ensure the best possible conditions, but be aware that there are many factors outside of our control. With proper preparation, knowledge and equipment, riders can enjoy our grass footing safely.
All reservations will be invoiced in advance. A credit card is required to hold the reservations.
Online contactless payment is encouraged and full payment must be made prior to the start of arena rental period. Horses will not be permitted inside the arena without full payment.
Cancellations/change requests must be received in writing at Sarah@hipicosantafe.com no less than 24 hours prior to arena rental start time. Full or partial cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled start time will be charged the invoiced fee(s).
General Information & Conditions of Participation:
Each horse must submit a negative Coggins Test (EIA certificate) dated within one year. The negative EIA certificate can be emailed to email@example.com.
Reserved arena course will be set at the starting height requested in advance by the participant. If no height is requested in advance, jump height will remain at the last height used.
Participants may adjust jump heights during their arena session. Jump standards may not be moved.
COVID-19 Safe Practice Requirements:
1. All individuals and/or training groups attending schooling sessions are required to self-monitor their temperatures prior to entering HIPICO Santa Fe. Anyone testing above 99.5°F must refrain from entering the facility grounds.
2. As of 7/13/20, the state of New Mexico requires that face masks must be worn at all times, except when eating or drinking. Individuals refusing to wear a mask when required, and the other members of their training group, may be asked to leave the premises. No refunds for partially used sessions will be given.
3. HIPICO Santa Fe will adjust safe practices protocol as necessary based on changes to the existing public health order.
4. Each arena/warm up will be supplied with medical-grade disinfectant and gloves for use by training participants. Participants are asked to use safe, 6-foot social distancing practices when resetting jumps, 1 individual at each standard only.
5. There will be a 30 minute break between training sessions to allow for disinfection of jump equipment by HIPICO staff. All restrooms will be disinfected between training sessions and at regular intervals throughout the day.
6. Participants are asked to use contactless payment prior to arrival. Outstanding payments may be made upon arrival prior to training session start time by calling the office at 505-474-0999.
7. Public Health and Executive Orders in effect due to the COVID-19 pandemic in New Mexico can be found at: https://cv.nmhealth.org/public-health-orders-and-executive-orders/. All individuals interested in participating in HIPICO Training Sessions are expected to familiarize themselves with the current orders prior to reserving arena sessions. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled arena training session start time.
$60/60 minutes base fee
$30/each additional 30 min.
All-weather footing Arena
$60/60 minutes base fee
$30/each additional 30 min.
Add to any other arena session, $30/30minutes
$20 per horse/day
Stall Fee (Note: horses purchasing a stall will not be charged a trailer-in fee)
$45 first night, includes 2 bags shavings
1 horse/paddock at any time
Additional Wood Shavings
ARCHIE COX CLINIC!
As of March 23, 2020, the following UPDATES are available regarding upcoming events at HIPICO:
RESCHEDULED: The Archie Cox Clinic is now scheduled for August 29-30, 2020.
As of March 19, 2020, the following UPDATES are available regarding upcoming events at HIPICO:
POSTPONED: Archie Cox Clinic, April 25-26. All auditors who have prepaid will receive a refund and all current rider applications that have been received will be honored for the new dates.
We welcome you to join us for this 2-day Hunter/Jumper Clinic with one of the top hunter riders on the West Coast. Archie owns and operates Brookway Stables, just outside of Los Angeles, where he typically has 30-35 horses in training and 12-15 students, ranging from pony riders to older amateurs. Archie and his students regularly travel to the nation’s top horse shows, such as Capital Challenge, Devon and the National Horse Show, where Brookway Stables has earned top honors. Archie has served as a director on many equestrian boards and is currently serving on the Board of Directors of the Washington International Horse Show. He is licensed as a Judge and Steward by the USEF and is celebrated by his customers for his passionate teaching, confidence-building clear explanations, patience, directness, methodical thinking and ability to help his students build upon their strengths.
Rider cost per horse: $600 Each horse entered in the clinic receives 1 rider spot and 1 audit spot. Traveling with your trainer? Riders in training with the same trainer are eligible for multi-horse discounts.
Early Bird Auditor pricing is available until April 15th! Secure your auditing spot with special Early Bird pricing of $40/day or $70 for both days by signing up today!
LEARNING & PRACTICE SERIES CLINICIANS 2018-PRESENT
HIPICO Santa Fe is proud to host local, regional, national and international clinicians to encourage riders at every level. Multi-disciplinary schooling days also provide a flexible and pressure-free environment for riders to practice at their own pace. Through our Learning & Practice Series, we are pleased to present a diverse range of events to encourage riders of all levels and experiential backgrounds to enjoy equine sport.
LEARNING & PRACTICE SERIES MARKETING
Let us help you reach your ideal marketing audience. Please enjoy our current Sponsorship & Marketing Opportunities. If you would like to discuss a tailored marketing strategy at HIPICO Santa Fe, please contact Sarah Moses, our Sponsorship Manager, directly by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 505-474-0999.
SITE LEASING FOR CLINICS & EVENTS
HIPICO Santa Fe is always looking for clinicians and events to enrich the Learning & Practice Series. If you would like to host a clinician under the Learning & Practice Series, we have site leases available. For information about our facility please see our Events & Site Lease webpage or email email@example.com.
HIPICO Santa Fe Training Sessions-Halloween Spooky Schooling
✅We have what you’re looking for – join us on the all-weather arena, complete with a warm up arena, and jump courses that change weekly.
✅ Reserve an arena for an hour or for the day!
✅ Riders, bring your horses! Trainers, bring your clients!
For more information and to sign up click HERE.
📸 credit: Sharon McElvain
Training with Richard Spooner—I’m still pinching myself! I’m super happy and earned a ton. My horse and I got so much out of this clinic. It was like months of training in a weekend. It was mind-opening and gave us the things we know we want to accomplish and also told you how to do it. He really broke it down on how to accomplish the things that you know you need to do, but don’t quite know how to get there. I’d rate this experience an A+.